About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Thursday 24 November 2011

What a fantastic day! Read all about Issacs and how VERY cool they are!

Good Evening Blofolers,

Well… what a fantastic day! Some of you locals may well have heard of, and even been to Issacs on the Quay, well last night in response to a post they made on Facebook to “Advertise on our screens” I sent them an email, I explained that I was training for the London Marathon to raise funds for Asthma UK and wondered if they would consider supporting me by placing a piece on their TV’s to advertise my blog and my sponsorship pages with a little bit of info about me and what I am doing… I had a response… Not only have they VERY kindly said they are more than happy to help me and put some information on their TV’s throughout the premises BUT they have also gone one step further and pledged some money to my cause… what an amazing response, a local business, supporting a local man and his quest to raise money for charity, and at the end of the day, if even a tiny cross section of their customers saw my information, followed my link and sponsored me just £1… together we could make a HUGE difference to Asthma UK and asthma sufferers everywhere!

To find out a little more about Issacs On the Quay take a look at their Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/isaacsonthequay or checkout their website http://www.isaaclord.org and next time your down there, keep an eye on their TV screens you might just see someone you know ;-)

So other than that fantastic news I have had what can only be described as a busy day, I got up and went for a gym session this morning, just before I left the house I remembered that today I had an optician’s appointment at 9am, having cancelled before and knowing they were busy till Christmas I did not want to cancel again.

Anyway… my training went very well considering I have done no resistance work for a long while, I will say however doing lunges and squats on a power plate was killer, my muscles in my legs tightened up so much I struggled to walk afterwards, I was in the gym for a good 45 minutes although I didn’t do a full workout as I was getting worried about the time and being late for the opticians PLUS my legs were making me look like a monkey as I walked around the areas of the gym, at this point my back started to ache just a little and I thought that now was a good time to stop… so I stretched out and hobbled downstairs, showered and changed.

Now this is where I show how blonde I really am, I walked to the car, stretching my legs as I went to keep them moving. I got in the car and looked at the clock 8:10, knowing that my appointment was at 9:00 for some reason I panicked “ONLY 20 MINUTES” I shouted, it wasn’t until I was almost all the way into town I suddenly looked at the clock again and realised I actually had nearly 40 minutes and I was just about to park, ho hum… I went to the coffee shop and had a hazelnut latte, and a cinnamon swirl for breakfast.

From there I have had a busy day at work, nose deep in the phone system for most of the day… this seems to be the trend of late pending a new VOIP trial into a store, all very exciting stuff!

Soo food wise today I have had a Latte (Yeah I class this as a food seeing as it’s packed with calories and is a “treat”) Protein shake and Cinnamon Swirl for breakkie, Ham Mayo sandwich for lunch followed by some nuts, and for dinner this evening, I have no idea what I am having, I would say Brussels Sprout and Caramelised Onion soup, as that’s what is in the fridge, but we will see… I’ll let ya know tomorrow… Oh and I may finish that little bit of chocolate cake on top of the microwave :) and once again today I have drunk far too much coffee.

Tomorrow I have another spin session booked, I hope to find the energy I seem to be lacking this afternoon to get on that bike and push myself hard, but we will see!!

I am running this Marathon to support AsthmaUK, without people like me, and people like you sponsoring me, Asthma UK could not achieve what they do, to find out more visit
http://www.asthma.org.uk and to get involved visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and sponsor me as much as you can, perhaps £1 a mile??

Run Well,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: