About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Thursday 9 February 2012

73 Days... Cycling, it's a wonderful thing!

Good Evening Followers,

Sorry I know it’s been a little while since my last blog, it has been SUCH a busy time I am really trying to step up my training, so I am finding less energy for the rest of life’s little things at the moment.
  • So what have I been upto that has made me so busy, well the last few days went something like follows… Monday 30th: Spin
  • Tuesday31st: Resistance Training
  • Wednesday 1st: Pilates
  • Thursday 2nd: Resistance Training
  • Friday 3rd: Spin
  • Saturday 4th: Group Cycling (More on this shortly)
  • Sunday 5th: Resistance Training & Walking to and from the gym in the snow...
  • Monday 6th: TWO (Yes two) Spin Sessions
  • Tuesday 7th: Resistance Training
  • Wednesday 8th: Pilates
  • Thursday 9th: Resistance Training
And then tomorrow (Friday 10th) I have another two spin sessions booked, one in the morning and one in the evening... I think I must be MAAD, and then there is the rest of my life that has to fit in around all that training, I can tell you, right now I am sleeping like a Bobble... And she sleeps with very soundly at the end of the bed, purring all night!

Anywho, you may have noticed on Saturday I tried something a little different, as opposed to a Spin session I did a “Group Cycling” session, I just thought I would try summat a little different and there was a space available, well it pushed you but in a whole different way… I would say that Spin is more like Interval Training, it gets you heart rate through the roof, then allows it to drop a little before it’s up there again, this can be sprints or hill climbing or a combination of both… Group Cycling however is more of an endurance thing, there is much less out of the seat climbing, and much more on pace at 140rpm for 3 minutes, so its more of a gears lowers, and push for longer, still to music and still amazing fun, so I have booked another… I do think Spin is still my favourite, mainly because there is lots of on the beat climbing, I love this part, it makes me feel really good.

But still Group Cycling, or even Spin… while you are doing them you often hear yourself say “God isn’t it over yet” almost as soon as it’s finished and you have cleaned your bike your thinking “When is my next session” this is the feeling I love... Cycling, it's a wonderful thing!

Now I am afraid that the food Diary has kinda fallen by the weigh-side this week as I haven't been blogging quite as regularly, and I can't remember that far back... I am therefore going to start a paper food diary for future use :)

BUT I can tell you dinner tonight will be Cottage Pie... and last night it was chips (Naughty I know but the amount of work I am doing... and I had a hair cut to be ready for).

So I will leave you all there this evening, with a little reminder of what all this is for, I am running the London Marathon to raise money for AsthmaUK, find out more here http://www.asthma.org.uk then pop along to http://www.clitherow.co.uk and sponsor me!!

Love, and Fitness,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: