About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Friday 27 January 2012

86 Days Left, and a breakthrough!

Good Evening Bloggers,

Well it's Friday, and 
I think I have finally recovered from my heady heights as a BBC Radio Suffolk star, people didn’t seem to think that it gave me the right to walk around like I was a celeb, couldn’t they have humoured me for a couple of hours?? Or at least sponsor me… Hey ho… If you would like to listen again to my Interview with Lesley Dolphin on BBC Radio Suffolk… You can find it here, I turn up at about 54 minutes in http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00n2qp5/Lesley_Dolphin_Rene_van_den_Oort_and_John_Clitherow/

So this morning I was up nice and early again, breakfast down and heading to the gym, I was a little late again on account of de-icing the car so they had already started the warm up, but I didn’t miss much.

The session was great, surprisingly so in fact as my knees have been a little achy from the run on Thursday, but it was great, I kept pace, I sweated loads and I worked HARD… And we got to do our interval track in the dark, sounds silly but it’s brilliant, lights off, Disco lights on and pedalling like mad to the beat, I love spin more and more every time I do it... but trust me it never gets easier it just keeps getting harder and harder, apart from the fact that they change it, and make each release harder anyway… as you get used to it you tend to put up the resistance, and push it harder, these two facts just make for a tougher workout, LOVE IT!

I also had a small breakthrough today, I picked up the wrong jeans and packed them in my gym bag, why is this a breakthrough you ask? Well I grabbed these jeans and pulled them on, realised they were tighter than the ones I should have had on and thought “Oh no, It’s the wrong trousers Gromit, I’ll never get these done up” I pulled them up, fastened the button and did up the zip… I was in shock it was a big WOW moment, I stood for a minute in awe… you see these jeans have always been too small for me, but I kept them in the hope that one day they would, and today they did, by the time all this had run through my head people were giving me an odd look from staring at my jeans, But hey here I sit in my fitting designer jeans, another small breakthrough.

Today food diary follows:
  • Breakfast: Two slices of toast, with Marmalade
  • Lunch: Left over Vegies (Broc & Leaks) and some baked beans
  • Dinner: Plain fried rice, Chicken and Veg in black bean sauce
So yes, dinner is a takeaway but I have made it reasonably healthy, and after the run an the spin this week I think i'm okay, and im quoting the 80/20 rule :)

Right now onto the important bit... As most of you will now know I am training to run the London Marathon to raise much needed funds for Asthma UK, to find out more about what they do visit their website at http://www.asthma.org.uk then pop along to http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and sponsor me whatever you can!

Live Strong,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: