About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Wednesday 10 August 2011

10K Run, Still no dice!

I wrote a song for today, Sing it to “Im into something good”…

Woke up this morning not feeling fine,
had something heavy on my mind,
Last month I hit a new high, In the Gymnasium,
Whoa Yeah!
Since then I just can’t seem to hit that goal.
         -Since then he just can’t hit that goal.

Gyms the kinda place that makes you sweat,
You hope every time you don’t get to wet,
I ran so hard today, like I knew that I could
Whoa Yeah!
Still I just can’t seem to hit that goal.
         -Still he just can’t hit that goal.


Anyway you get the jist no doubt, I woke up this morning and I was tired and lethargic, and yet I had a very good night’s sleep, and was in bed early but clearly it wasn’t enough, but hey ho I pressed on and headed to the gym.

To start with I felt great, I soon woke up and was running tall, running strong, and I hit the 5K mark with relative ease, not slowing down once, but then it all fell apart, I struggled on pushing, pushing and could just not make it, as hard as I tried, I eventually gave up at 7K, so still no dice and 3K short of my goal, but 1K more than I managed last week, Again I felt a little defeated and started to head for the door.

I got to the desk to sign my sheet (To keep a record of when I have been in the gym) and a PT grabbed me and asked how my training was going, I told her, okay I think but that I was a little disappointed with my inability of being able to hit my 10K again this week, she thought for a moment then said, How’s your diet, I explained about the 5 meals a day and trying to keep it all evened out, she listened in interest and said “And for breakfast?”… “Ahh well I don’t really do breakfast before gym, I can’t work out on food have never been able to” she looked at me and said “Well would you drive to Edinburgh on an empty tank?” my response was “Well me being the prize idiot that I am it sounds like something I would do, but I see your point!” We then discussed that I need to be getting up at about 5:30 (Yeash) and having breakfast as soon as I am out of bed, I was assured that when I first start doing this I will likely feel a little ill as like me she never used to be able to handle food first thing, but she assured me that very quickly my body will start to want and crave that meal, and it will soon become second nature, get up, eat!

So starting tomorrow, I will probably be up at 5:45 (Middle Ground) and eating eggs on brown toast, not sure what type of eggs but I’ll let ya know lol… However this may be a challenge as I am having a rather late night this evening lol.

Why am I doing this to myself I hear you ask, well I am working my bits off to raise loads of money for Asthma UK, so that they can continue to work to improve the lives of people who suffer with Asthma, so see just what they do to help visit http://www.asthma.org.uk then pop along to my Virgin Money Giving page at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and sponsor me to run the London Marathon!

Live long, Live strong,
Jay (Red John).
 

No comments: