About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Friday 5 August 2011

Epic Spin...

Oh my god, today was AMAZING!!

I got to the gym, having got up as normal at 6:00am and headed into my spin session I had boundless energy and stamina and had an amazing workout, I couldn’t have asked for better, the regulars were all in and all in a very motivational mood, it was brilliant, I worked out hard and fast and loved every minute, and just to prove I had done my work, after the session there was a larger than usual fallout puddle surrounding my bike that seemed to take an age to mop up… I hope they go in there later with a mop and bucket!! But yeah, I did good!! However my knee is a little tender now, but it does have 2 full days of recovery :)

So after my amazing spin session I headed for the Jacuzzi, and as usual the outdoor one first, so I could sit and watch the clouds flying across the sky, once the bubbles stopped I headed for the indoor Jacuzzi, I sat in one corner lounging there like I was in an arm chair, and a couple of swimmers (who are often training as a group) decided to have a race up the pool… and what’s the stroke they chose? It was Butterfly! My god, I am in awe of anybody who can swim the butterfly, it’s not an easy stroke to co-ordinate, I have tried it once or twice and I just can’t get it, and yet they rocketed up the pool like scolded cats… Very impressive!

Then I was off to the Steam Room, I have taken to doing this almost every day now to, I tend to find warming myself up again and drawing more sweat out gets rid of the pungent Chlorine smell that often lingers even after a shower, It’s also good for the respiratory system and as it makes the heart beat that little faster trying to cool you off, it moves more blood around and this has to be good to help recovery and remove Lactic acid from the muscles doesn’t it?! Listen to me, maybe I should train to be a PT? haha.

So what now? Well this weekend I hope to figure out my new diet, getting my 5 odd small meals a day into the equation so that I can start off next week with even more vigour and work my way up to the next 10K run on Thursday, fingers crossed this week I will find more energy and the stamina to stick at it to the end of the 10K, and lets push for just under 1 hour… why not eh?

Did you know… 3 people die EVERY DAY in the UK from Asthma, Asthma UK are working tirelessly to help prevent this, but they cant do this without our support, I am supporting them by running the London Marathon to raise money for this cause, I need all you to sponsor me just a little! To find out more about Asthma UK and what they do to help prevent these unnecessary deaths please visit http://www.asthma.org.uk then pop along to my Virgin Money Giving site at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and donate even just a small sum, or if you would prefer to do it the old fashioned paper way, give me a shout and next time I see you I will wave a sponsorship form under ya noggin :)

Until next time, Live long, Live Strong and have an amazing weekend!
Jay (Red John).

No comments: