About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Spin like mad, and 100mile cycle...

So up I got this morning at 6:00 ready for my spin session, considering I had a rather late night I seemed to be quite lively, however I didn’t have time for a coffee this morning just time to make one for the other half before running around like a mad fool trying to find the TomTom that was a requirement of the day (unbeknown to myself until this point) so as usual I arrived a few minutes late (there is a distinct pattern evolving here isn’t there) so everyone was settled on their bike and already pedalling away when I burst in the room, luckily as it’s school holiday there are allot of people away, with exception to the regulars of course, who will always attend (like me) come hell or high water!!

So there we were pedalling for our lives, and again Track 5 killed, although I felt there was a marked improvement… I did well today, although I did feel dead at the end of it, and as I had done on track 5 a few weeks back as it’s so manic, the poor guy next to me who was really going for it responded to the instructors shout of “SCAT” by pedalling furiously and knocking his water bottle off witch promptly rolled under my bike… all I could think was “YESSS, I’m not the only idiot to have knocked my bottle off during this track” sadly though when I had my bottle incident it travelled two rows back :(

But what a session, I felt tired, worn out and yet glowing, always a good sign!

So then I was off to the Jacuzzi for my bubble, and today one of the other regular spinners was in there, and we got to talking, turns out that on Sunday she got up at about 4am Sunday morning and cycled up and down the A12 doing time trials, she did something silly like 100 miles… THEN comes into the gym for a spin session today, I am well impressed!!

For breakfast today I had nothing but a protein shake, this was NOT by design and I was intending to pick up some fruit or something but that didn’t happen either, but lunch was nice, more salad (there was a big bowl left from Sunday still) and some flavoured rice, very nice… this evening I had homemade chicken and vegetable soup (made by me other half) on pasta! :)

And phew it’a a hot evening, so hot I am struggling to concentrate on this blog!

So down to business, 17% of people with asthma say that sometimes work makes their asthma so bad, they have to take time off, Asthma UK are working hard to try and make the symptoms more bearable for everyone with Asthma, to find out more take a look at http://www.asthma.org.uk and then pop along to my Virgin Money Giving page at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and sponsor me to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK, why not sponsor me per mile?!

See you all soon,
Jay (Red John)

No comments: