About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Warming up for the next long run...

So I was up at 6:00 again this morning, packing my gym bag, tripping over the cats and arriving at the gym, yup you guessed it a little late :)

I arrived at the gym and headed to the desk to grab my program, as I did I bumped into my PT, who asked how it was going… I said I thought I was doing very well and mentioned how I managed to run 10K in 1hr 5 minutes, and that this was the first time I had ever run this far or for this long… She rubbed her hands together and informed me in an almost evil manner that she would have to make it a lot harder next time, erm… do you think I can retract that statement “Oh no, actually it’s going terrible” I somehow don’t think she would believe me.

Anyway I digress, even though I was running late I had an amazing gym session and managed all but one of my resistance exercises, the one I didn’t was the chin up mainly because every time I headed in that general direction someone was using the chin up machine, having said that had I got on there I would have been late for work!!

After the resistance I headed for the treadmill, and although I didn’t do a huge run, I managed about 3K in 20 minutes, at this point I felt it was time to stop and I needed to be heading off for work, and I didn’t want to overdo it before BIG RUN THURSDAY!

I also ordered my next batch of Protein shake, I usually have a shake in the mornings after a gym session, firstly it helps stop me feeling massively hungry so I don’t sit at my desk eating biscuits all day like the fat piggie I have been, and secondly it really helps the muscles to recover, I’ve been using it ever since I have been going to the gym (well not quite but for some time now) and it does make a HUGE difference, The other half also bought home some fitness mags for me to look over, and there is an offer I can’t resist… 3 issues for £5 and a free tub of Breakfast Oats with Protein how can I turn that offer down… I’ll let you know how it tastes :) 

PLUG ALERT!!

As I sit here typing this, my feet are currently resting and getting massaged by a foot spa with warm sea salted water to ease the pain and prepare them for tomorrow, so why am I putting myself through all this pain?! Well because I am raising money for a cause I really believe in, Asthma UK take a look at what they do and how they help millions of asthma sufferers every year here http://www.asthma.org.uk and once you’ve decided you would like to help them out pop along to my Virgin Money Just Giving page at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and sponsor me, how about pushing the boat out and sponsoring me £1 per mile?!

See you all soon,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: