About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Anything is better than nothing!

I’ll keep this blog short as I can’t really stay awake long enough to write much… zzzZZZZZ Oh sorry dropped off there for a few minutes…
Urgh… I was a little late to bed last night, and boy did I suffer for it, I woke up this morning unable to move for the first 5 minutes or so, I had a headache, I was coughing like mad and just wanted to throw in the towel and go back to sleep, alas I did not… I got my kit on and dragged myself to the kitchen and began to make my porridge, I could tell today was going to be a tough one!

When I got into the spin class, it was actually really busy again and the regulars were all scattered or unable to even book as it was so busy, this “Spike” does tend to drop off again after the kids have been back a few weeks, it’s a bit like the January spike that most gyms experience I guess, ya get used to it after a while.

Anywho, back to the class, Well… What a struggle, firstly the atmosphere wasn’t quite right, they have removed two speakers as they are (I believe) putting new ones in, so it was rather quiet compared to normal and this just seemed to take the edge off, you don’t just want to hear the music in Spin, you need to feel it, immerse yourself in it, loose yourself… if you can’t you don’t perform as well, this aside I pushed on as best I could, but the cough and the lack of energy took it out of me… I wish this cold would go away now, I’m too well to be at home, and yet apparently too ill to work at my normal physical fitness level, I feel stuck in Limbo!

But I did push on and I did complete the session, but feeling a little disappointed, I wasn’t able to sustain the speed at some of the racing sections and I wasn’t able to power climb as normal and had to slow off beat, such a shame but I must remember I have been ill and my body still needs to recuperate, besides as I have always said… Anything is better than nothing!

So far today I have had porridge and at lunch will be salad again (there is still loads to use up) and I got some sausages out the freezer so I am thinking sausages and veg tonight :) and of course there will be the usual morning snack of mixed nuts and fruit and either apples or another pot of nuts in the afternoon!

Now for the business bit, I am training to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK, the work they do to help people who suffer with asthma and to prevent deaths from asthma is immense, but they can’t do it without our support, Did you know that 61% of people with asthma say that their asthma stops them from getting a good night's sleep, could you live your life without a proper night’s sleep?! I know I couldn’t and when my asthma flares up, I can’t…

To find out more about AsthmaUK and what they get up to visit http://www.asthma.org.uk and once you have decided it’s time to part with some reddies pop along to my Virgin Money Giving Page at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and sponsor me to run the whole 26 miles of the Virgin London Marathon, why not sponsor me £1 a mile?!

See you all soon,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: