About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Tuesday 27 September 2011

The panic is really setting in…

All weekend I have had a bad back, and I have been walking around yelping just trying to attempt the simplest of tasks, it seems to be gently easing but the panic is really setting in…

I have been at this training for a couple of months now, and while the first month got off to an amazing start, and everything was going really well, this last month I seem to have been struck down with everything going, a self-inflicted weekend that took longer than anticipated to recover from (although I did manage to get to the gym at least) followed by a bout of never ending Man Flu, to clear up and have an amazing spin session Friday only to develop a bad back, I have been taking Ibuprofen like it’s going out of fashion.

Still yesterday morning I managed a short swim and a soak in the Jacuzzi, followed by a steam, seems to have helped my back a little but as I sat at work I could feel the odd twinge, And this morning I had a spin session booked, I was a little late to bed so did struggle out of it this morning… Downed a bowl of porridge and a mug’a’coffee and headed for the gym, I was determined that even though my back was still a little tender I was going to give it a go and just be gentle.

Well actually I have to say I did very well, I kept up mostly in a room that felt like there was no air, and I only had to slow and nurse my back once or twice, today was a good day :)

I have a re-program booked for Thursday morning, so back permitting I am intending to get up tomorrow morning and TRY to run a 10K, having not done it for about 3 weeks I am not expecting it to be easy but I need to give it ago, I need to know that I can still achieve it before I go for my re-program.

This week, my diet will mainly consist of soup… I have another HUGE cauldron of homemade Chicken and Vegetable soup so that should keep me going and apparently, soup is one of the keys to loosing weight!

So then why am I running the London Marathon… Well did you know that 69% of GPs agree that asthma knowledge could be improved among GPs, this could save lives… Asthma UK are working not only to educate people living with asthma but also GP’s so that they can better understand and treat asthma sufferers, BUT… they can’t do it without our support!!

Pop along to their website http://www.asthma.org.uk and once you are ready jump over to http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and sponsor me to run the London Marathon in aid of Asthma UK… Why not sponsor me £1 a mile?

Laters,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: