About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Friday 23 September 2011

More, more, more...

Today was spin, and what a spin session, taking the class today was Sue, and Sue is VERY motivational, and I was actually feeling quite good today, until that is I had finished the session!!

About half way through when the going was getting tough and people were starting to tire out, the intense interval hill track came on, it was Rebel Yell – More, more, more… every time the lyrics more, more, more came up in the song we were out of our seats and climbing, pushing hard, after the lyrics we sat and power climbed, even harder, then up a gear and climbing for the next set or “More, more, more”, the purpose being to get our gears the highest they had been that morning, I think I hit about 19 or 20 by the end of the track, an all-time high to be honest… But doing this alone was hard enough, but she wanted “More” she wanted us shouting, we sounded a little like a rugby team chanting, out to breath and climbing and yet shouting “More, more, more” to the song, strange as this may sound it is AMAZINGLY motivational and really does make you push more, more, more!

After the session I felt good, worn out but good, I was feeling a little more like my fitness levels have got back to where there were before the cold, although now I do seem to have an achy back, ho hum.

So I have another spin session booked for Sunday, and then next week we will be back onto a full week of training… and I hope to book in a re-program too!!

I am keeping this blog short and sweet as I don’t have a great deal more to say, other than onto the business bit as usual…

Did you know 33% of children with asthma (or their parents) say that asthma can result in being left out of sports activities at school, this happened with me and contributed to my overeating, that coupled with the steroids I was on to treat my asthma was likely the biggest cause of my massive weight, to find out more take a look at http://www.asthma.org.uk then pop along to my Virgin Money Giving page http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and sponsor me to run the London Marathon.

Take Care,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: