About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Thursday 29 September 2011

Who moved the floor?

Good morning all,

Today was re-program day, but after my run yesterday I seem to have managed to make my back very sore, so last night I had a bath and relaxed a little trying to make the pain subside ready for this morning, I don’t think my office chair helps either, but hey what you gonna do?

So 5:30 this morning I rolled out of bed my back was so sore that it kept tensing and making itself 100 times worse, I was trying to get my gym kit on as I was determined that I was going to go, at one point I had to stop, stay still and mentally think relax the back, relax the back.

Once I got downstairs I had my usual Chorus of “Feed ne mow” from the three mog rats, sadly though someone had snuck into the kitchen last night and moved the floor further away from me, the cat bowls were a VERY long way down, but I got them filled them and managed to find a floor to put them back on, all the time giggling, I am not sure if this is something that just I do but when I have any kind of severe muscle pain it seems to make me laugh, maybe I am just laughing at how hard it is to do the simplest of tasks? But anyway, Who moved the floor?

Things started to ease up so I headed off to the gym for my re-program, I figured it would be an easy morning as most PT’s don’t really push you on your program they just show you how it’s done… How wrong can a man be?

We started off with a chat and I told him how things had been, I also warned him I had a sore back but that I was willing to keep it moving and work through some of the pain, so long as it wasn’t terrible… Well what a session, as my back warmed up the pain subsided almost totally, but he pushed me hard, I had a full workout did full sets of most everything, it was brilliant… and I only felt a twinge from time to time, but he was working me hard, twisting lunges with medicine ball on the Power Plates (These are things that vibrate and make the exercise more intense) and some other lunges on the power place without the ball, then we have a chest crunch thing (I can’t remember it’s actual name) followed by leg press, followed by a single arm row with a free weight on a bench, then onto the assisted chin-ups, followed by 3 sets of the following three moves Mountain Climb, Swedish ball things, exercise ball things… so quite a workout, and I have the next step of my new goal, as I have achieved 10K in under an hour, before I next reprogram I have to be hitting 10K in 50 minutes, not only that but I have to increase my average speed and do the odd 30 second to 1 minute sprints… I am going to die!

Okay so that’s a slight over exaggeration, I am not going to die, and I was actually really happy with everything we went through, but I did think while I was in the shower (finding like those cat bowls my feet were a long way away) if you had of asked me to do all this just a couple of months ago I would have laughed in your face and had another chocolate bar, but now…

So here’s to the new program and the hope that I can fulfil all my goals this time around too!

What’s all this about then? Well I am a fat bloater, who likes food, so simplistically I need to burn off plop loads of energy, but on a slightly more serious note I am and was severely as a child as asthma sufferer, I am now un-medicated and since I have been working out at the gym on and off for the last few years of my life I have only ever needed medication once when I had a very bad flu, but when I was a child I had allot of support from Asthma UK who used to send out child friendly information packs about asthma and how to cope with it, as a child with asthma life can be hard, you don’t like doing sport because you just can’t… and the steroids make you eat like a horse… until you are the size of one.

It’s up to us to make a difference; we need to support Asthma UK so that they can help others deal with asthma… To find out more about what they do pop along to http://www.asthma.org.uk and once you have decided you are going to sponsor me pop along to http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow or if you prefer giz a shout and I can come see you with an old fashioned piece of paper type sponsorship form.

Run strong, even if it’s just for the ice cream van,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: