About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Friday 13 January 2012

100 Days to go!

Good Morning People,

Well here we are as of today there is 100 Days to go to the Marathon and do I feel prepared? Noo!!

So as some of you know I have been rather ill of late, I got a cold early in November but struggled through, still training although nowhere as hard, I was then hit with a bad back that laid me up for a good couple of weeks (Who’d do gardening eh) this was then followed by another nasty cold that seemed to hang around for a good couple of weeks, allowing a nice heavy chest infection to set in late in December, Breathing was a nightmare as this aggravated my Asthma, and a swift trip to the doctors was required, I was then placed on Steroids, Antibiotics and a blue inhaler that I have now taken to carrying everywhere with me.

But fear not, I am now on the mend and have returned to the gym this week, I have had two visits so far, Wednesday was Pilates… I thought this would get me moving and toning up things, but not be to manic for the lungs.

Today was Spin, my favourite… So up I got this morning and off to the gym, I was a little concerned when I walked out to the car as every other car in the car park was frozen, I was already late, but as if a matter of fait my car was merely a little damp, no ice at all!!

So I made it, got the bike set up and hoped on… this is where things really started to go mad, I think it was probably a combination of be being off for a little while, and still being in recovery, or even just the trainer was cruel but today’s session was amazing, by the end of it, on the last track that was it my legs were having no more of it and I couldn’t keep pace, but I felt good, I had worked hard I have worked well, I couldn’t have worked more this morning if I had of tried… I was VERY pleased and immediately tried to book for Sunday, sadly no dice.. All full!

This weekend I will be up at the gym at least once, little bit of a swim I think and a relax in the Jacuzzi, but next week will be full swing with some kind of activity every day, So far Monday and Friday are Spin, Wednesday is Pilates Tuesday I think I may do a short run, and Thursday maybe swim a mile.

So watch this space, 100 Days to go!... And counting.

TTFN,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: