About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Tuesday 17 January 2012

96 Days and counting!!

Well there are 96 days remaining, and counting… and so far this week has been VERY successful, firstly on Saturday I went to see Marcella at ISSACS on the Quay to hand over the presentation to be shown on their TV screens and to collect my £50 sponsorship they kindly provided, so as of Saturday I am now on display at ISSACS On the Quay for all to see, so if you find yourself down there for a drink or two keep an eye on the screens and look out for me.

Then having been gearing up to get back to the training with a vengeance last week, so far this week I have been twice, Monday I managed a full on spin session and today I did a 5K run, yes not that of the 10K I was doing, but seeing as this was the first run since the chest infection I thought 5K was a good start, and I managed it in just over half an hour, not to dusty, room for improvement though... Having said all that as the day has rolled on my knees have started to ache just a little, time to reach for the Glucosamine I think!

So what of the rest of the week, well… I have Pilates booked in for tomorrow, get some core strengthening going and give the cardio a little break, and then Thursday I will be doing a full resistance set in the gym, and a little cardio, and Finally on Friday I will be spinning off the pain :) But I will keep you posted each day where I can!

I have to admit today, I felt a little defeated initially only running 5K, but then a friend of mine stopped on his way past weights in hand and said he'd been away from the gym for a while with a chest infection to, it's clearly been doing the rounds, but what a time to get it... it bought back the asthma to, I have the blue inhaler with me at all times again now :( Still I hope to build my stamina back up as soon as possible, but I do need to keep in the back of my mind that I am still recovering so I do need to take it a little easy and keep the puffer handy, Breathe out... deep breath in... PUFF!

I think it's time I started to put down what I am eating again, I find it helps me to document it, Breakfast sadly was just a cereal bar, but not one of those pretend ones with no goodness and 100,000 calories, no it was an Eat Natural bar, this was followed after my run by a protein shake and a couple of clementine’s when I got to work, Lunch consisted of Scrambled Eggs with Salmon, and dinner will be bubble and squeak with a sausage or two.

So what’s all this for, well I am going to run the London Marathon to raise much needed funds for Asthma UK, I already have £270 but I am a LONG way off my goal of £1600 so I am hoping all you will help me and support Asthma UK and give just a little, even just £1… Find out more about Asthma UK here
http://www.asthma.org.uk then pop along to my sponsorship page http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow

Live Well,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: