About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Tuesday 19 July 2011

The first donation and a small milestone!

I start this blog on a VERY cheery note… I have my first sponsorship… Thank you so much Mr Barker for starting things off nicely… AHHAAAAAA!

Well what can I say, I’m doing okay, although I didn’t manage to give up the ciggie’s completely yesterday I only had two, today I am trying again for none, and I think I might make it, by this time yesterday I had been chewing on my desk, shouting at people and feeling very lethargic and spaced out… Today I am more myself much more with it and in a better mood, this could also have been helped by the fact I went to bed at 9pm last night, can you believe it 9pm, it was still daylight, but hey so far no ciggies, and bed soon so not likely to have a single one... First milestone reached.

So this morning I skipped (not literally) off to the gym for my Spin session at 6:30 this of course meant the usual alarm goes off at 6:00, ignore it for 5 minutes, finally have to get up, get dressed, trip over a cat or 3 who want feeding and will not stay still until food is in bowl or you are lying face down on the floor, either to them is good (Cats are evil) so when I got there running a minute or two behind as usual I then get caught behind a slow moving couple of people walking side by side down to the changing rooms (I don’t know it just somehow seems rude at 6:30 in the morning to say “Scuse Me” but once I was up there I did okay, hit my 600 Calorie target and worked like hell, Although beware track 5, it’s a killer and if you over-do it, you suffer for the rest of the session, even the instructor can’t get used to track 5.

I was sporting my new water bottle today, with a “Twisty Cap” and after my session I headed off to the outdoor Jacuzzi where I sat and stared at my bottle cap opening and closing it in awe (I don’t know why, it’s still early morning right??) while trying to relax the muscles a little, the outdoor Jacuzzi is always empty at this time in the morning, probably as it’s a little cooler than the indoor one, but I don’t mind, it cools my muscles a little and I get to stretch out and stare at the sky, this not only relaxes me from the session, but gets me geared up to cope with a day at work, this is something I have learnt to make great use of since I have been at the gym, after almost every session I can be found here bubbling away like a carrot in a stock pot :o)

Tomorrow is the reprogram day, I get up at 6:00 again to go through all the cat tripping up, and people rushing past to get up to the gym desk for 6:30… when I sit down and speak to a Personal Trainer about my new program, to help build stamina and endurance, I recon she will be putting me through my paces, if she doesn’t have a nervous breakdown when I tell her what I am training for that is.

Until next time,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: