About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Sunday 17 July 2011

The fun continues...

Evenin all,
Well the training is underway-ish, I went for a Body Combat session today at the gym, although this isn't new to me as such we now have a new routine to follow so everyone feels a little lost but once you know what is being shouted at you all is good, I was also sporting a rather attractive bright green Europcar t-shirt given to me by my lovely man Jon... free advertising? Yes why not... They won a leg of the Tour De France don't ya know :)

So after my body combat session I booked in a re-program for the gym at 6:30 Wednesday Morning, I have warned them I am training for the Marathon and so will need to build stamina and endurance... we'll have to wait and see what ideas she has for me.

As for the smoking, I had 5 yesterday, this is good for me... and today just 3... tomorrow I plan to have none, great idea in theory but being at work may make this a challenge, plenty of coffee I think and trying to stay off the phones a little, save screaming at any users who can't figure out how to re-start their PC without assistance.

So all good and positive so far, well except for the young skinny gym instructor I spoke to today who said "Oh god, I couldn't run a Marathon" while I was thinking if you can't what chance do I have... but I figure if I can get through an hour of spin or body combat and still walk, whats about 3 hours on top of that right?

So far I am loving this, I am loving the idea of running the Marathon, and I am loving the focus of having something major to work towards, but will I feel this way once I really get stuck into my training when my feet are killing me?!

On a side note, I fancy getting my feet nibbled by those "Doctor" or "Gurra Rufa" fish for those who have no idea what I am on about take a look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_fish but has anybody had it done? Whats it like? Did your feet fall off? I think my feet need some kind of pedicure before the training really kicks off, and will likely need this on an on-going basis, who knows...

Recap, no more ciggies from this point on, Spin session booked for Tuesday and a re-program booked for Wednesday, I'll let you all know how I get on.

So now a shameless plug, if you would like to sponsor me (go on you know you wanna) my fund raising page can be found here http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and the blog as always will be here :) even just £1 every little helps!

Hope to see you all here soon,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: