About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Thursday 21 July 2011

My legs are killing….

6:30 this morning I was off to the gym again to set about doing my new program, my god it is hard going just as I thought, I ran a total of 5K and at quite a pace to, and my legs are now killing me, well not my legs as such but my Gluteus Maximus muscles… that’ll be the lunges then!

Mental Note: Do however ensure you have time to stretch properly, I think that would have helped allot this morning, don’t (as I did) get so into your running that when you slow down and come “out of the zone” you realise you are going to be late to pick up your colleague on the way to work.

But on a plus note I was trying out some new Audio for my running, by a company called Audio Fuel, they are amazing, you run to the beat of the music, the track I was using was between 165 – 170 beats per minute, this equated to about 11 KPH, so this is the rate I need to be running the Marathon at, and the rate I need to run at to hit my 10K in 1 hour, at this stage this is hard going, but I think in 4 weeks, the 10K in an hour will be a breeze, then we’ll up the KPH to bring it down to a nice 40 minutes to get my stamina up.

I am feeling very tired right now, so I think this week has taken it out of me a little, I have been to the gym all but Monday, I am a regular but not normally this regular, but I have allot to achieve so onwards and upwards, at least training this much means I can eat plenty of food… Yum!

Tomorrow is just a spin session so that should, in the words of the PT “Give my legs a rest” but whatever, what it will do is get my heart rate up, give me a great cardio workout AND flush any lactic acid out of my legs, and hopefully flush away the aches and pains, I’ll then go and sit in the Jacuzzi for a while :)

As the day goes on I am discovering there are things I cannot do, one of those is ascend stairs this is quite uncomfortable, the other is to walk normally, instead I seem to resemble a totter much like that of John Wayne, I am trying not to but the muscles are all pulling just so, but it’s apparently all good for me and in about 3 weeks’ time I will be like “What was all the fuss about” and ready to ramp up the plan again.

So time to watch a little Simpsons while the gym shirts go round in the wash, and then I’ll be ready to start all over again tomorrow!

PLUG…. PLUG… PLUG… PLUG… :)
Let’s all not forget why I am putting myself through this, not only is it a personal voyage of discovery and enlightenment to infinity and beyond (Sorry couldn’t help it) but I am trying to raise lots of money for Asthma UK, so please, PLEASE pop along to my Virgin Money Giving site that you can find here http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and sponsor me, AND if you’d prefer NOT to do it online get in touch and I can take cash donations too!!

Laters All,
Jay (Red John)

No comments: