About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Friday 22 July 2011

Spin off the pain for Friday!

Yes it’s Friday that magical glorious day is upon us, and come 6am I was dragging myself out of bed, getting my gym kit on and ready to set off to the gym for my spin session, I arrived a few minutes late so didn’t get my “usual” bike at the front of class, I find it easier to concentrate at the front, firstly you get to have a friendly banter with the instructor and the other regulars, and secondly you are not so aware of the other 20 or so people in the class behind you, but alas I was a little later than usual, so I gravitated to the first bike I saw, set it up and sat down.

Session starts, and my legs warm up and my aches and pains from the previous day start to wear off, or rather work off, just as I had hoped, however it soon became apparent that I had a dodgy bike, oh yes there is always one, it was working fine, but I didn’t like the loud clicking noises it made as I peddled fast, and I couldn’t work out where the noise was coming from, so fearing that the seat would suddenly give and slide all the way to the bottom with a huge bump followed by me in a heap on the floor I quickly detached myself from the bike  and headed for another free bike that happened to be in the second row, passing other regulars there was the usual banter and jeers of breaking bikes I quickly set it up, strapped on and off I went. Simple? No… come the end of the first track I reach for a drink and where is my bottle… on the other bike! Now I know I am a natural blonde, but I didn’t think I was this bad!!

So anyway, long story short, after collecting my bottle and re-seating myself I managed a really good workout, although Track 5 is still killing me, and seems to tire me out for the rest of the session… so I need to work on that but otherwise all good, and legs feeling much better.

After the spin session and a chat with a few people about Marathon Training I headed down to the Jacuzzi to bubble away, and knowing my muscles had been tight and taking advantage of the empty Jacuzzi I did a few more stretches in the warm water to help alleviate the pain, no pain no gain right?!

So this brings us nicely to the end of the first week of training, I will be weighing myself tomorrow (it’s always on a Saturday morning, before breakfast) and may even blog results, if they are positive but seeing as I have only been on the Marathon drive for a week I should imagine there will be little change.

I have also decided that Monday is going to be the first “Long Run” day, so come Monday morning I will be heading into the gym at 6:30 and doing nothing but running, I intend to do 10K and I hope It won’t be too much over an hour, this way I know that I am on track to reach my 10K in one hour goal that the PT has set me, so fingers crossed… But rest assured, you will know when I know!! I also figure that this is a good idea as I have another spin session on the Tuesday, and thus if my legs are a little achy and stressed I can “Spin off the pain” I like that, that can be my new saying… I’m gonna spin off the pain :)

Right… got a joke for you? What’s white and has three metal prongs, one longer than the other two?! That’s right A PLUG!!
So here it is… I am doing all this for a reason, to raise money for Asthma UK, something I myself suffered with as a child, please sponsor me (go on that joke alone was worth some money if only to shut me up) whatever you can, you can find my donation page here: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and more information about what Asthma UK do here: http://www.asthma.org.uk/ so please give whatever you can to this wonderful cause and help people fight Asthma and give them a better way of life.

Laters,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: