About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Monday 25 July 2011

Nibble, Nibble little fishy's‏

Well hello,
So Monday, and after a weekend of staying off the exercise as instructed, unless you class some walking to the buffet table from my seat and back again at a party exercise, I did as I was told.

I did actually venture to the gym on Sunday, but this was not to work out, more to sit and bubble away in the Jacuzzi, although it wasn’t exactly warm, so the steam room and the hot coffee warmed us up afterwards, and while I was sitting there sipping my hot latte, I thought… Why not give those Gurra Ruffa fish a go and get a pedicure, so I wandered off to reception to enquire, no more than 5 minutes later she said “See what’s it like and stick your hand in” all these gentle little fish swimming in every direction you can imagine like they didn’t have a care in the word, my fingers broke the surface of the water and almost immediately they swam to nibble… this intrigued me even more, so money was on the table, I collected my coffee and positioned it aside me, sat on the seat on the edge of the tank and dropped my feet in… well what a feeling, it’s kind of a cross between a tickle that doesn’t annoy you and a 9V DC current across your skin (Come on we’ve all played with those batteries), not only is it a nice feeling, it’s also relaxing just sitting watching the fish, especially with a coffee close at hand J And feet removed feeling much softer and happier, and was much easier to run on this morning, however, there is still allot of work to be done on them so I may go for an old fashioned pedicure next, just use the fishies as a maintenance and relaxation thing.

Slightly off course there, but all relevant, I need my feet in good condition to take to the roads, nothing worse than running on a painful foot!

Well now to the training, It’s the start of my 5 day program, and having sat thinking about it at the weekend (probably while being nibbled) I decided that my idea of “Hey I will run my first 10K on a Monday and all Mondays from this point forward will be known as LONG RUN MONDAY!” was a silly idea, mainly because I have been instructed on a long run day not to do any resistance training on my core muscles at the same time, or even on the same day if I can help it, this would have meant if I ran today, then did Spin on Tuesday followed by resistance on Wednesday, as Friday is a spin day I would have ended up doing resistance training on Thursday making it two days back to back, perhaps not the brightest idea I have come up with… So today I did some resistance training, with a good splodge of running, mixed up with a Jacuzzi (Sounds like baking a cake really doesn’t it) so Tomorrow will be Spin, Wednesday I think Resistance, Thursday a LONG run (Eek) and Friday, Spin… let’s see how I get on, sounds like a full on week… and I feel a pasta night coming on Wednesday in preparation for my Thursday run.

Interesting point that raises… I haven’t yet started that Training and food diary, perhaps tonight is the night?

Another “off point” note, I discovered today that my gym have a new treadmill, apparently you can play Solitaire on it… When I commented “HOW… Running fast, poking screen” I was informed that for safety it cuts off the game when you get close to 7KPH (a fast walk really) and thus is pretty useless for me, not that I can play Solitaire anyway, but it made me chuckle.

Ooh… Did I mention to, I lost 1lb last week, okay not ground breaking but a good start I feel lol, that’s 1lb less to drag around 26.2 miles J

So then, what do I do with my iPod at the end of a tough workout… I plug it in to charge… (Know where this is going?) Here comes my “plug”…. I am running the Virgin London Marathon to raise money for Asthma UK, who among many other things fund research into all aspects of asthma, from scientific studies into the biology of our lungs, through to the creation of new treatments and investigating its causes, many of which are still unknown, to find out more and what else they get up to, visit http://www.asthma.org.uk and once you have seen the amazing work they do and want to help pop along to my Virgin Money Giving page http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and sponsor me to run the 26.2 Virgin London Marathon!!

I thank you,
See you all here soon,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: