About Me

My photo
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jay and I am training to run the London Marathon 2012 for Asthma UK.
Yes I am running the London Marathon, Yes I am mad, and Yes I plan to raise masses of money for Asthma UK.
So please follow me, and support me, with your help I can make it over that finish line.
My sponsorship page can be found by clicking here PLEASE support me by sponsoring me to run the London Marathon for Asthma UK.
And now a very short history about me... I am asthmatic myself and until a few years back was pushing on being obese, not only does running the Marathon give me the opportunity to give something back to such an important organisation, but it will be the crowning glory of my fitness regime, Asthmatic and overweight running 26 Miles for charity!
To find out more about what Asthma UK do visit their site by clicking here.

Friday 29 July 2011

That Friday feeling...

Today was spin off the pain Friday, I’m not 100% sure that this is quite what happened this Friday but none the less I was there at 6:30 in my seat and pedalling hard for an hour, today however I was lacking in energy and it showed, I tried to push it as much as I could but the energy just wasn’t forthcoming, but I pressed on and ended up having an okay session and even got on okay with the dreaded track 5, although I did slow at one point through track 5, and found it hard to catch up again, but managed it… Just!

I put this low in energy down to 3 things...
     1) I did 10K yesterday for the first time in my life, gotta sap a little energy no?
     2) I didn’t have a proper dinner last night, it was just two cheese rolls and a hand full of crisps!
     3) I had a late night…


Well actually when I say I had a late night, and my other half will be chuckling at this no end, I mean I didn’t get to bed until about 10:30ish, since I started the training I have been more inclined to get to bed at 9:30ish, this is so I am asleep by 10 and getting my 8 hours in before I have to get up at 6… last night it just didn’t happen, this is my excuse anyway and I am sticking to it… although to be honest I had been looking forward to this evening when I could stay up as late as I want, although right now bed is starting to call, and it’s getting to loud to ignore for very long, but we will see!

Once spin was over I was bubbling away in the Jacuzzi as usual, and today I was enjoying it even more than usual I really had that Friday Feeling, not only had I finished a full week of training, every day for 5 days, it’s also the end of a working week, so pretty sweet day really, I was so pleased with what I have achieved this week, going to the gym every day and still managing to run 10K in just over an hour for the first time ever, I think that’s a good week… well done body, and well done brain for the motivation, We start it all over again on Monday :)

So this evening I have been making an Amaretto and White Chocolate Cheesecake, no it’s not for me to stuff over the weekend all myself it’s for me to take to a party tomorrow where I hope to feed it to some un-suspecting people then pounce on them for some sponsorship money for my Marathon, and this brings me to an interesting point, I am running the London Marathon in aid of Asthma UK who for the last 5 years, have supported a number of projects through the Challenge Fund, which has awarded grants to healthcare professionals and community groups or individuals for initiatives that will identify, develop and promote good practice to improve the lives of people with asthma, to see what else they do and how they help Asthma sufferers visit them at http://www.asthma.org.uk then pop along to my Virgin Money Giving page at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnClitherow and sponsor me to run the Virgin London Marathon, or if you would prefer I can pop along and see you and take your money in person?! Choice is yours :) (Not giving is not an option, and I will be “Sendin round da lads” if you don’t, please note for those whom it may interest I will ensure these lads are not at all attractive and will just look like large club bouncers) Fank Youuu!

Until next time,
Jay (Red John).

No comments: